Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:25 am   CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

hey guyssss

i am new at the turtle stuff.... but always wanted to have one

i'm from bangladesh...... so i m not getting much information here.... because everyone are into fish here

so can anyone tell me wat kind of turtle they are????.........store guy was just telling they don't grow is that true...

AND SORRY FOR THE BAD PICTURE QUALITY

Suhaib.sas

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:47 am   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

They look like false map turtles. Please read up on their care: http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/cs-falmap.htm

The info on this site is generally applicable to them too.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:24 pm   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

Ah now there are photos of a turtle you dont see everyday here. Those are Indian Roofed Turtle(Pangshura tecta) appariently the rarest of all the subspecies.

No they do not stay smaller, females grow to about 8inches. Atp doesnt even have a caresheet on them but reading on them they are another turtle that has basic same care as res. So you can just look at the caresheet here and follow it and you will be good. Only difference never let temperatures for these guys go below 65 degrees Fahrenheit/ 18 degrees Celsius
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:42 am   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

Thank THANKS
Suhaib.sas

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:36 am   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

They definitely need a bigger tank!!
1 Standard Poodle- Tegan
1 Ferret- Xander
2 RES- Raina and Sylvie
1 Betta- Lizardman
sflemin2

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:44 am   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

Nice Diamondbacks! It looked very similar to a false map, I'm surprised they're not in the same family.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 pm   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

Diamondbacks4Life wrote:Ah now there are photos of a turtle you dont see everyday here. Those are Indian Roofed Turtle(Pangshura tecta) appariently the rarest of all the subspecies.

No they do not stay smaller, females grow to about 8inches. Atp doesnt even have a caresheet on them but reading on them they are another turtle that has basic same care as res. So you can just look at the caresheet here and follow it and you will be good. Only difference never let temperatures for these guys go below 65 degrees Fahrenheit/ 18 degrees Celsius

Not quite the rarest, but very hard to find in the U.S. And I do believe they are on the CITES list. They are very beautiful, take good care of them.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
Linus

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:17 am   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

thanks for ur reply guys......its been helpful......love them turtle.....makes me feels peaceful :lol: .......
and the bowl is temporary ......... have a 5 gallon tank now
i have few more question......

the height of the water lever is around 8 inches ........n i want to rise it......
how much can i rise it???? ...... i mean is there any limit?????....... basking area is plastic is tht ok????
Suhaib.sas

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:24 am   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

sorry one more question how to identify if they are male or female......
Suhaib.sas

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 am   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

First you need an appropriate tank. Start with a 10 or 20 gallon if you must.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 pm   Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY MY TURTLE????

Suhaib.sas wrote:sorry one more question how to identify if they are male or female......

At this time you wont be able to tell. Not until they are older, if one is male its tail should much become loner and thicker.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion