Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: Bugs..ugh

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:04 pm   Bugs..ugh

:shock: My biggest fear of having a boxie has always been bugs. And now I have them :( I was looking uder the moss and noticed a few LITTLE white bugs moving around ughh....should I remove all the soil or do what turtle tails does?

"If bugs begin to infest the vivarium, they are easily controlled by watering them with a strong chlorine bleach solution. We use about a half oz of bleach in about 8 oz of water. The bleach solution will kill most bugs and worms without harming the plants. We take care not to get it on the turtles. The chlorine will quickly evaporate and does not leave a harmful residue."

I'm guessing bleach (Clorox) will work, and other ideas?

I HATE BUGS :twisted:
notoch351

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:05 pm   

Sorry,I don't have a tortoise,but good luck with your problem!!
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
TurtleLover_S&B

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:18 am   Re: Bugs..ugh

notoch351 wrote::shock: My biggest fear of having a boxie has always been bugs. And now I have them :( I was looking uder the moss and noticed a few LITTLE white bugs moving around ughh....should I remove all the soil or do what turtle tails does?

"If bugs begin to infest the vivarium, they are easily controlled by watering them with a strong chlorine bleach solution. We use about a half oz of bleach in about 8 oz of water. The bleach solution will kill most bugs and worms without harming the plants. We take care not to get it on the turtles. The chlorine will quickly evaporate and does not leave a harmful residue."

I'm guessing bleach (Clorox) will work, and other ideas?

I HATE BUGS :twisted:

If you read that on TurtleTails.com then I would do what he says. I never had this problem, but this is what he says to do on that site.
Terry
Terryo

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion