Other Turtle Discussion :: Grr the people they hire at pet shops...

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:35 am   

Steve,
I think we should get stickers made! I think people should know where they could go to get RES info!
tini

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:24 am   

[!!!]? I LOVE walgreens!

lol. Anywho, I'm not going to have a pessimistic attitude about these people being shut down. I'm very glad they were shut down. My town is now turlte-under-4-inch free and I'm happy about it. They may move to other places but all we can do is get the word out there that it's not right and it's not legal.

I think the mall admin. actually had a lot to do with them being shut down. That's how the paper explained it anyway. They caught wind that it was illegal and told them to get out.
Jen182

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:02 pm   

Another Walgreen fan? I go through cycles--sometimes all they seem to have are deals and other times...I do love their clearance racks when I hit them right, though. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:48 pm   

I had a similar pet store problem myself.

I walk into a Pet-Co with my two new baby turtles, and who do I turn to for animal wisdom? The people who work inside of the pet store.

I find the "Fish" guy in the Rep/ Fish section, and I show him my turtles. He proceeds to tell me all I need is a 10 G tank, some gravel, a heat lamp, and a small filter. He also said a turtle dock would be nice. He failed to mention water levels, and made it seem like if you added to much water it would be bad.

So I get home, and luckily my over protectiveness started setting in. That's when I found this site, and learned all the stuff I bought was pretty much a waste.

It makes me so mad because I would have gone with a bigger tank to start out, the rocks were way to small to be in a turtle tank, the filter is horrible, and the water level was to low.

Grr!

I wish they would be honest with the customer when they weren't sure what they were talking about. My turtles and I would have appreciated his honesty.
tarrish

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:13 pm   

It's not a matter of them being dishonest, most of them have NO CLUE what a turtle needs. Sad but true!!
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion