Other Turtle Discussion :: Oppinion on Online Breeders...

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:51 pm   

Bigeye--that's it. I remember hearing some pretty good things about Abbots as well.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:02 am   

Thanks for the recommendation marisa. I think I'm going to go with them. The only problem is that I think they said there was a minimum order of $100 but I emailed them and I think they might just let me order 2 res.
bigeyedfish

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:29 pm   

I only remember hearing that they took care of their turts and that they would come through if there was a problem.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:26 pm   

Abbott's turtle farm wouldn't let me have an order under $100, so I think I'm going to go with turtlepimp.

Are the Rio Grande Redears pretty much the same in regards to taking care of them and their size? I'm also considering getting a southern painted turtle since they don't get as big. Anyone have any opinions on these two types?
bigeyedfish

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:51 pm   

Love them both. Requirements are basically the same.
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:21 pm   

I know this is an awfully late reply,,,but I live in Florida and Petland sells RES hatchlings frequently, and they seem to take very good care of them. FLorida doesn't have that 4" law. Hope you found one!
gammeragirl

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:30 pm   

Yes Florida does have that 4" law.. its a FEDERAL law which means it applies to all the states. Some just find ways around it by making you buy the setup and you get the turtle for FREE therefore you are not buying it.
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion