Other Turtle Discussion :: fast little thing!

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:08 am   fast little thing!

wow, this little sucker is fast! i was holding her last night while i was watching a movie-i figured she's only 1 1/4", my belly should be plenty long enough for her to crawl on, and i could watch her, too(my daughter's lost her once=\) well, poor little thing, she ran up my belly and jumped off my shoulder on the carpet! thank god she was fine, i picked her up and she went back to it=) (this time i caught her though). it's been difficult finding places for her to play for a change of scenery..she's so little! my other is about 4 inches, but it's hard to tell with the arched shell=). i tried to put her on paper and mark her shell length on the paper, but she's wiggly and keeps peeing on my paper lol. anyway, (sorry, i tend to stray from the point) i can let her run around and not lose her=).
jezzell

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:08 am   

sorry, i ramble lol=)
jezzell

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:28 am   

That's why I don't let my 2 run around. I know how fast they are and if they did get lost I know I'd never find them. The only time they are out of the tank is for a water change, and even then, they're in a rubbermaid container.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:41 am   

One of mine game me a scare one time, I looked away for a minuit and he disappeared, I finally found him about 10 feet from where I had left him.( whew) :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:19 am   

lol, my neighbor found her on the couch crawling under a pillow(she was helping me look). i started holding her after that and if my daughter wants to play with her it has to be with me holding her lol. she likes attention though, when you walk over to her she sticks her neck out to see you better and i put my hand out flat next to her out of curiosity and she layed her little head on it-i could have died! she is so cute!!!
jezzell

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:34 pm   

They are fast, and the smaller they are the easier it is for them to disappear. If my 3-year-old RES does that though, all I have to do is stop and listen. Sooner or later I'll hear him moving around. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Other Turtle Discussion