Other Turtle Discussion :: Is my turtle horny?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:30 pm   Is my turtle horny?

I have a male RES that is about a year and half years old, and lately he has been acting pretty strange. A few months ago, I bought an ornament for his tank; two turtles hugging each other and he began doing the "jazzy hands" to it, which me and my friends all thought was pretty funny. There are a couple of other ornaments in his tank, and today he started doing something really weird to the squidward tiki that has been in his tank since I got him. He swam up to it, got real close, swam around it and started sticking his tail into the mouth of the tiki :P Its really funny to watch, and he only just started this behaviour today. Is my turtle horny?
Turtle00420

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 am   Re: Is my turtle horny?

The 'fluttering' is used as a warning or when a male RES wants to show interest to a female. Most likely your RES is starting to mature and figuring things out. Just wait until he starts 'fanning' :shock:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm   Re: Is my turtle horny?

Sedge flutters at my hand when I'm messing with him too much.

But he definitely has a "romantic" relationship with the little rock cave in his tank. We call the turtle tank "turtle TV". Guess what channel that one is?
Kingbird44

Return to Other Turtle Discussion