Other Turtle Discussion :: I don't know why my red eared slider died suddenly

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:32 pm   I don't know why my red eared slider died suddenly

He is one year old and when i woke up this morning, he was dead and his eyes were half open. I put him in clean water to see if he would wake up but nothing. He was active the day before and he was eating and playing around. :( Im very sad.

The picture with the writing is when he was alive ☹️
Attachments
IMG_3799.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG
IMG_3797.JPG
IMG_3798.JPG
Last edited by Batool22 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batool22

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:57 pm   Re: I don't know why my red eared slider died suddenly in th

Piggley and I are very sorry for your lost. If you got her 1yr old from a LPS they have no idea how to keep turtle's and was sick when you got her. Overnight sure it's nothing you did !
litefoot

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 pm   Re: I don't know why my red eared slider died suddenly

Sorry to hear about Flipper. RES are good at hiding illnesses and injuries, it is possible he was sick for awhile.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 am   Re: I don't know why my red eared slider died suddenly

steve wrote:Sorry to hear about Flipper. RES are good at hiding illnesses and injuries, it is possible he was sick for awhile.

I don't know! my room feels empty without Flipper :( it was my first turtle
Batool22

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 am   Re: I don't know why my red eared slider died suddenly in th

litefoot wrote:Piggley and I are very sorry for your lost. If you got her 1yr old from a LPS they have no idea how to keep turtle's and was sick when you got her. Overnight sure it's nothing you did !

Thank you :(
Batool22

Return to Other Turtle Discussion