Other Turtle Discussion :: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm   SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

Would anybody in the NYC area like to adopt a turtle/some turtles?

You may remember this thread; viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34810

Well, I went in 15 minutes ago and spoke to the owners about the problems with their arrangement. He said that they had unintentionally hoarded the turtles, receiving them from various other places that didn't want them any more.

They acted receptive to changing their habitat and bringing it up to standard, which is good, but they also offered to just give me some to walk away with. I'm afraid I can't take on more than I already have in my tiny apartment, but if ANYONE in New York, New Jersey, Long Island or wherever else would like a free turtle and would come to Manhattan for it, I would very much like to help facilitate it.

These poor neglected creatures are in need of a home. Please respond if you or anyone you know is interested.

-MVB
MVB

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:59 pm   Re: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

FYI; They have turtles of all ages. Some are sick, some have deformed shells, but some are healthy. Anyone who can help deplete their stock would be doing all of the turtles a service. Whichever turtles are left do not need to live with the over-crowding and foul water, and whichever turtles go get a better home.

My current estimation is that there are at least 30 of them.
MVB

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:15 pm   Re: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

Man, I live way far from them.
Turtles:
Dexter (RES)
Shelby (RES - gone and I feel really really bad).
Miracle (Box Turtle - Given to me after Shelby left us).
Orion (Mississippi Map Turtle).
AlexisAwesome

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:41 pm   Re: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

Dang, well if you know anyone out here, or can crosspost this to any other turtle forums, I'd really appreciate it.
MVB

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:45 pm   Re: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

MVB wrote:Dang, well if you know anyone out here, or can crosspost this to any other turtle forums, I'd really appreciate it.

Sure thing.
Turtles:
Dexter (RES)
AlexisAwesome

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm   Re: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

Great work MVB!
devilduck

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:34 pm   Re: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

Thanks, but it's not worth much if I can't find them homes.

Would it be wise to free any of them in the turtle ponds of Central park if I can't find an alternative? They're all RES, so shelters like the one in Long Island won't take them.
MVB

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:08 pm   Re: SEVERAL RES in the NYC area FREE to a good home.

A nice pond will be fine.
Turtles:
Dexter (RES)
AlexisAwesome

Return to Other Turtle Discussion