Other Turtle Discussion :: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:22 am   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Swims to the corner of the tank and watches me when I open the fridge, then begs for food. That's where her greens are kept and she knows it :)
She also acts like a little magnet when she sees me pick up the pellet container. I can move it all over the glass and she follows it - up, down, in cicles whatever - the things she does for food.
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
penelope

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

My turtle finds the smallest possible place to squeeze through. She has a basking area that measures approximately 2X3 feet suspended over a 110-gallon tank. I have given her ample unobstucted space but she insists on doing the side step to explore the edge of the basking area. She travels on the front and back legs of her left side. Thankfully it isn't dangerous - no way she can get out or scratch herself on anything. It's really funny to watch. I should take a video.
lovemyturtles

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:56 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

lol Penelope that reminds me of my turtle except she doesn't see the fridge. Lovemyturtles you should take a video . I would love to see that :)
RES female ~* Gamera
Russian tort ~* Tortuga
TortsNTurtles

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:00 am   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Michelle recently has pushed the fake plant sitting inside my atba across the tile and into the water. Probably a good 20 inches or so. Then I'll put it back and she will be fine with it there. She also used to rearrange all of the tank decorations. She would only do it once then she was fine with them.
J.flick8

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:57 am   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

When Slowski was basking, she would pull her head into the shell and cover it with her arms. Whenever anyone came near her, she would stick her head out and just stare at them.
Slowski. 4" Female RES
Odvax

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Mine do something similar... I just chuckle when I see them acting a bit goofy.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:49 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Some of you have already seen this, but I'd say it is a strange thing for an aquatic turtle to do, lol. He didn't fall, I grabbed him as soon as I noticed it. He was a good 4 ft. up. I call it the spider turtle.
http://www.photobucket.com/Toku
Toku's build thread, click link below;
http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34068
2 Male Rio Grande RES
1 Spiny Softshell

"Live Life"
slider_keeper

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:33 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Did he keep his eyes closed?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:44 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

They were wide open the whole time lol! He was like I can see the whole world from up here. Only if he knew my backyard isn't the whole world haha.
2 Male Rio Grande RES
1 Spiny Softshell

"Live Life"
slider_keeper

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:45 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Lol, he must have felt like he was at the top of his world :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:57 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Mr. Tesla flutters with his reflection in the glass. I like to think that he is "mean mugging" any intruders to his tank. :P
Electrical Engineer, animal lover, video game nerd.
1 RES - Mr. Tesla
ElectricTurtle

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:46 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

Its good evidence that turtles can indeed climb Steve;)
2 Male Rio Grande RES
1 Spiny Softshell

"Live Life"
slider_keeper

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

lovemyturtles wrote:My turtle finds the smallest possible place to squeeze through. She has a basking area that measures approximately 2X3 feet suspended over a 110-gallon tank. I have given her ample unobstucted space but she insists on doing the side step to explore the edge of the basking area. She travels on the front and back legs of her left side. Thankfully it isn't dangerous - no way she can get out or scratch herself on anything. It's really funny to watch. I should take a video.

My RES does the same exact thing, except around the side of her swimming pool (which is a large Tupperware sunk into the sand of her larger enclosure.) She gets nearly stuck and then waits for me to help her get out, before going right back into the crevice.

The weirdest thing she does though may be wiping sand off of her head. You ever use the back of your wrist to wipe sweat off your forehead (because your hands are dirty, etc.)? That's exactly how she does it.
Caito Jones

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 pm   Re: What's the strangest thing your turtle does?

My hatchling likes to cuddle. as soon as he is out of his tank he goes on a mission to sneak into my shoe, pocket or sleeve. he once followed me for two blocks and across the street trying to get into my shoe. We recently got him a sock to hide in so he can be cuddly while dry docked while he fights his respiratory infection, but he tries really hard to climb out of his tank every time I am within sight.
cuddlyturtle

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion