Other Turtle Discussion :: Cleaning filter tube?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:32 pm   

Steve,

I have an 80 gallon tank and I clean my filter once a month. I only rinse the sponges, but I've never noticed anything trapped in them.
When I first saw the stuff floating around I thought they looked like shed skin as well. But there was just too much to be from the little turtles.
Also, when you clean the tubing, you have to remove the tubes from the plastic connectors right? Great...I keep thinking of the initial setup when I had the hardest time connecting the tube to the outlet and inlet pieces.

Well, at least its good to know that I'm not doing something wrong that's causing the growth.
jdub1107

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:04 pm   

When I do clean the tubes, I only remove them from the filter canister itself and clean from the one end. I found it too difficult to remove the hoses from the intake/outtake pieces and I didn't want to chance eventually stretching the hose by repeatedly removing them.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:00 am   

hmmm, the "shed skin" only appears in my fluval... xp3 has been very good so far after about 5 months and after 3 complete cleanings.
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion