Photo Gallery :: RES penis ( ADULTS ONLY!) :3

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:03 pm   

Imagine that on a larger sulcata! LOL I was shocked when what I though was a girl did that! LOL
11 res,2 Cooters,4 Sulcata,2 ybs,1 Ornate wood,2 Common musk,1 melanistic slider,1 striped mud,1 russian,2 japanese pond, 2 3 toe box, 2 Black Woods, 3 Vietnam pond, ,1 western painted,2 reeves,1new guinea snake neck,2 Miss maps, 1 African helmeted
Turtle addict

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:13 am   

OMG I can not even imagine! Really good pics, but ouch. I never did know how they bred. and did not know how there productive areas were but I can see know they should not have any problems.
Lisa
5 Dogs~4 beagles- Ann, Sam, Jimmy, Speckles
1 Chihuahua-Princess
2 Baby RES unnamed at the time
Chickens galore
2 bala shark
1 goldfish
2 neon tetras
1 algae eater
1 danio
lisajonathan00

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:47 am   

too much for my little mind... *dies in shock and horror. Than asks self 'if i am dead, how am i typing, lol'*
I have two baby RES; Emerald(Emmie or Rocky for short, plus she has green ears!) and Pretty. (Don't ask me about her name. My brother named her. He's only 6 1/2.)
yertle_the_girl_turtle

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:35 am   

ha ha! Bearded Dragons have two of those! lol!
DavidY

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:47 pm   

:shock: No way, two?!?! Like one isn't wierd enough....crazy reptiles!
octpusgirl8

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:42 pm   

Yea, they're called "hemipenes". It's like it's split in two, one on each side of the base of the tail. When they mate, the male jumps on top of the females back and holds her still by biting a flap of skin on the females nect. He then uses one of his rear legs to kind of flip the female's back end up a little. He then positions the base of his tail next to the base of hers. Depending on which side he's on determines which of his two hemipenes he uses.
DavidY

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:46 pm   

Wow, you learn something new everyday, huh? :D
octpusgirl8

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:55 pm   

Yea, I just finished watching a really cool show on the local PBS station called "Kings of Camoflauge" and it's all about the cuttlefish. If you haven't seen it before you should try to check it out. I know you're a mollusk fan! :D
DavidY

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:35 pm   

Oh i am, i'll keep an eye out for that show. Cuttlefish are fascinating animals besides being a good calcium source for our turtles!
Adrienne!
2.0 RES: Turtley and Samson
1.0 Lutino Cockatiel: Lilly
assorted fish, hermit crabs, bugs etc.
octpusgirl8

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:32 pm   

DavidY, if I read about that (the bearded dragons) in a book I wouldn't believe it. Life is stranger than fiction. Those females really don't have a chance do they.
SpotsMama
SpotsMama
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:03 pm   

That is very yucky...........yikes
Pookie

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:54 pm   

SpotsMama wrote:DavidY, if I read about that (the bearded dragons) in a book I wouldn't believe it. Life is stranger than fiction. Those females really don't have a chance do they.

lol! no they don't. The males of that species definitely have the advantage over the female. Their mating can get pretty rough sometimes too. :shock:
DavidY

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:36 pm   

why.. does he have two? or.. why is it split in two? do you know? lol... and how does he "decide which one to use"? :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
¨*:·.-:¦:- Jessica -:¦:-·:*¨
Female RES, Karlyn AKA "Moochie" :mrgreen:
Hoooneylynn

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:03 pm   

Hi Jessica! :D Did you read my post a few posts up? I described it there. :) I believe most snakes and lizards have this "setup". When they copulate, they position their cloaca alongside the female's, so depending on which side they are on determines which one he uses. Pretty bizarre huh?
DavidY

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:38 am   

eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwww that looks like a slug trying to escape from a hole.
thanks for posting that i am now 100% sure that Rocky is a male because i saw the same thing come out of Rocky...........................cheeeeeeeeeeeeers a bunch...........i think lol :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Rocky YBS

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery