Photo Gallery :: purple shell on my RES, any clues as to why?

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:02 pm   purple shell on my RES, any clues as to why?

Raphael, he is my second RES my first was Michelangelo, who grew to bed 8in before i had to give him away (i moved) our new little guy wandered 600 yards from our RES filled pond and into our pool, i rescued him and made him a temp makeshift tank( a 16qt clear plastic tub, a super warm work clamp lamp, and rocks, bark and elephant ear plants) im noticing recently his shell is turning purple, the cracks on this back (are purple) he also suns himself too much, he has plenty of room, warm water and places to swim and hide, but hs favorite place is sunning on the bark and looking at me with a "yeah im awesome" look. he is surprisingly tame for a wild RES, he does not bite, east from my fingers and even like a good shell scrub with an old toothbrush. Hes been eating so much lately though and now with his purple shell im quite worried about him, it does get cold in our room at night(and his lamp is off) but every morning i put in fresh warmer water to even out the cold/hot ratio. I clean his tank every 2 days, and he really wants for nothing, so any advice id really appreciate
Bandoleer07

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:20 pm   Re: purple shell on my RES, any clues as to why?

Hi, I don't see any attached photos. Purple is definitely not normal, I think a picture could help with some insight. Has there been any other behavioral changes?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Photo Gallery