Photo Gallery :: Franklin

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:35 pm   Franklin

Hi, new here! :)

I've had Franklin for a couple years, got him before I knew really what he needed but I learned quickly thanks to forums, thank goodness for the internet.

He was a hatchling when I got him and he started in one of the Zilla starter tanks with basking area for a while. I finally got him upgraded to a 55 gallon, I know that his permanent home will need to be bigger and plan on getting at least 100 gallon tank when I move to my own house. I put sand in the bottom of the tank and am going to be building an ATBA soon, it has been difficult due to it being a bow front tank.

I was ready to get him in the new tank so for now he is using the large floating dock until the ATBA is built. Anyway, I will post another thread in the habitat section when I get the whole thing set up, for now I wanted to share a picture of Franklin. (I am still having a hard time figuring out if he is male or female even though he is about 5 inches long)

Here is Franklin enjoying the new sand, he has been eating it quite a bit, thanks to the forum I have found that hopefully he will stop and is just exploring it because it is new.
Attachments
franklinb.jpg
nickel1713

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:45 pm   Re: Franklin

Welcome to the forum! Franklin looks great - possibly a female yellow-bellied slider. If it's an ATBA for a bow tank, consider using acrylic but it also doesn't need to be one large piece unless you have cats or some mischievous pets or kids.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 pm   Re: Franklin

Welcome!
FAREWELL DUMBORK
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36799

follow my blog: dumbork.wordpress.com
youtube: pawii29

pictures and video
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32931
dumbork14

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:30 am   Re: Franklin

Thank you! After trying different things with egg crate we decided that acrylic is the way to go for the bow front, bought a few sheets of it yesterday and began cutting, I am excited to see how it turns out.

Happy to report that Franklin stopped eating sand but I did find out that fake plants stand no chance in the tank. :|
nickel1713

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:17 pm   Re: Franklin

Yeah, the first thing my turt did after I put in a fake plant was take a bite out of it. So much for that idea!
:mrgreen: Bill - RES
Dixie, Georgia, and Scrappy - cats
ataraxiamb

Return to Photo Gallery