Photo Gallery :: Turtle sitting on basking platform awkwardly.

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:45 pm   Turtle sitting on basking platform awkwardly.

Upgraded my tank yesterday and look how my turtle is sitting on the basking platform.

http://i.imgur.com/WpXx0.jpg

P.S. The thermometer on the right fell in the water and it messed up the numbers a bit. It's 91.3, not 71.3 and that's the basking temp. The top and bottom of the 9 doesn't show up anymore.
Typo

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 am   Re: Turtle sitting on basking platform awkwardly.

Looks OK. Keep in mind those digital thermometers are not very good to begin with.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:23 am   Re: Turtle sitting on basking platform awkwardly.

It doesn't look like a problem to me. He's most likely trying to get closer to the light. The light looks like it is a little far from the lower part of the basking platform.

-Michael
Sweeney & Pascal - RES Hatchlings & Martha - 2 yo YBS
Find out more about us at our - Turtle Blog & TurtleCam
michaelg

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:31 pm   Re: Turtle sitting on basking platform awkwardly.

He looks happy.
1 RES, less than a year old.
halfshell

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:32 pm   Re: Turtle sitting on basking platform awkwardly.

Looks good to me too, maybe lower the water a inch or two so that top of the log is dry.
Any picture of the whole tank? I like that log.
devilduck

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 pm   Re: Turtle sitting on basking platform awkwardly.

hahaha mine do weird stuff like that on the rock they bask on XD
AllTheCandies

Return to Photo Gallery