Photo Gallery :: New Turtles

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm   New Turtles

So I get these guys tomorrow morning.

Spiney Soft Shell Turtles

Ordered two of these little guys. i have wanted a soft shell for a super long time. Iv read they get HUGE and they tend to be pretty aggressive twords your fingers and that they hate being picked up lol..They are just so pretty tho compaired to the normal RES. Will put some color in my pond lol

Also ended up getting one of these guys because my shipping ended up not being as much as I thought it would cost..

This is a Common Stinkpot. he/she is supposed to be the size of a quorter or smaller. I had one of these guys before and they are really cool turtles. i am just hopeing he does not get bullied by my larger turtles. I highly doute they will tho. Even my big turtles are big babys. When I first introduced them to my smaller turtles they ran over to see what was up but just checked them out and swam off. Now they just absolutly enjoy there company and just swim confortably together. Never any fisghting so far or any hand waving as far as iv seen.

I REALLLLLLLYYYY Wanted THIS guy but I could not get ahold of the guys that have him and he was a bit more expensive...

He is a GUEDALUPE SPINY SOFTSHELL Apalone spiniferus guadalupensis

isint he just gorgeous? He is SOOOOO pretty. They have 20 of them left so I am hopeing i can snag one before they are all gone.

i will post pictures of actual turtles when they arrive in the morning tomorrow.
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 pm   Re: New Turtles

Congratulations! Please do post photos!
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
penelope

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:03 pm   Re: New Turtles

ok so im pretty disapointed with the order. 2 out of 3 turtles showed up Dead. i called the guy and am waiting on him to call me back. 1 soft shell was dead and the stinkpot was dead. the stinkpot smelled like it had been dead for quite some time too since it already started stinking I could smell it before i even opened the bag...so, now iv got to see if this guy is going to refund me or send me 2 more turtles. If he says no refund or no new turtles when they GUERENTEE live arrival, what should I do?
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm   Re: New Turtles

Who did you buy from?

turtleshack [not reputable]?

If you bought using paypal, you can take your money back.

Also, I hope you took pictures of the dead ones right away, that is usually in the contract you have with the seller.
Last edited by Linus on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
Linus

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:08 pm   Re: New Turtles

http://www.exoticpetslv.com/

and this is the ad for the soft shells

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=39&de=915678

also, the soft shell is like a new born and the stinkpot that was said to be the size of a peanut is like the size of my hand..
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:14 pm   Re: New Turtles

He seems be getting great ratings on another forum. Did you go through the mail, or a shipping service.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
Linus

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 pm   Re: New Turtles

Shipping next day. Not mail. And it wasnt on my side for problems. the box wasnt hot at all, and its not even super hot out side yet. its not even hitting the high 90s today, and the stinkpot had like blood coming out of its mouth and when i picked him up out the bag yellow water fell out of his shell or butt or something. the softshell just looked straight up dead and like it had been steped on or something, like it was dead when he threw it in the box or something. im lucky to have the one turtle alive...
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:32 pm   Re: New Turtles

SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:37 pm   Re: New Turtles

so I called the guy back, yes he never called me back I had to call HIM back, and he said he dont know what happened but it sounds like the stinkpot ended up dieing a few hours after he shipped it so it was basiclly his fault and the soft shell the same. which I totally think it is because there should be no reason for a turtle to show up with a bloodied face which seems like one of his people or someone on the shipping end dropped the box like a retard. it really angers me. He dont even want to send me another batch of turtles because he dont want to pay the 35$ shipping fee which I think he should since he guerentees live delivery. he was saying we could split the shipping which i told him id get back to him on or he could just refund me the price of both the turtles. I dont know what to do. I REALLLLLY wanted those turtles too. at least one poor turtle made it and he will for ever be taken care of thats for sure. He had some white bump on his back that i pushed on and it fell off and it left a spot on his shell..seems like a fungus problem or something so he is currently not in my pond but in a container with some sand he can dig in. may put some neosporin on it and dry dock him. he is eating tho and seems fine. hes hiding right now. will post pictures later of him.
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:34 am   Re: New Turtles

if the seller really means it, i would take the refund and buy the turtles at a reptile expo.
Gracie Turts

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am   Re: New Turtles

Yea i would not take a chance and buy from him again. take the loss of shipping and get your money back.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:15 pm   Re: New Turtles

Wow thats crazy I bought my turtle from there! My wife lives in Vegas. They have a awesome shop and a lot of turtles on display in the store. They are the only breeders in Vegas that I know of. Sorry you had a bad experience! I would definitely not pay another penny and if he won't ship you replacements on his payroll then I would get your money back!
http://www.photobucket.com/Toku
Toku's build thread, click link below;
http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34068
2 Male Rio Grande RES
1 Spiny Softshell

"Live Life"
slider_keeper

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm   Re: New Turtles

yeah getting money back soon.
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:30 pm   Re: New Turtles

Thats good to hear sorry about the two turtles that sucks!
http://www.photobucket.com/Toku
Toku's build thread, click link below;
http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34068
2 Male Rio Grande RES
1 Spiny Softshell

"Live Life"
slider_keeper

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:16 am   Re: New Turtles

someone probably forgot to put 'fragile package' on the box.
hope you get your money back soon.
Gracie Turts

Next

Return to Photo Gallery