Photo Gallery :: Martha and Sweeney - Two Peas in a Pod...

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:02 pm   Martha and Sweeney - Two Peas in a Pod...

Over the weekend, I put Sweeney (6 month old RES, most likely a male) in with Martha in her indoor pond. Sweeney had been acting very agressive towards Pascal (also a 6 month old RES, just a little smaller), so I decided to put him in with Martha a few months earlier than expected.

I was a little worried how Martha would take to him because she's been a lone for almost a year. She didn't seem to care too much about him, but she did keep an eye on him.

Here's a few pictures of the two:

When Sweeney was with Pascal, Sweeney would climb on top of Pascal and bask. He's been trying to do it to Martha now for the past few days. Martha did not appreciate it at first, but now she seems to accept it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFbJ6t_nFTc[/youtube]

Check out the turtles blog (link below) to find out more about the transition from tank to pond.

-Michael
Sweeney & Pascal - RES Hatchlings & Martha - 2 yo YBS
Find out more about us at our - Turtle Blog & TurtleCam
michaelg

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm   Re: Martha and Sweeney - Two Peas in a Pod...

Lovely turtles! I love when they bask together :)
RosesNKeeks

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:48 am   Re: Martha and Sweeney - Two Peas in a Pod...

Very cute! I love when they bask together too.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Photo Gallery