Photo Gallery :: Making themselves at home.

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:38 pm   Making themselves at home.

Since no turtles are outside and the waterland tub sits open full of water. I had a random bunch of frog eggs appear. First time ive ever seen frog eggs laid so early. Well today second group appeared. Now i know why they were laid so early. It was wood frogs. Amazing first time in 15years since learning to ID frogs ive seen one around where i live. never even heard them before. Ive seen every other species before but not this little guy. Amazing.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm   Re: Making themselves at home.

Very cool. Are they going to fend for themselves when the turtles are released?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:05 am   Re: Making themselves at home.

Love it! -
My house backs up to a creek and the frogs and toads are out quite early this year

Never seen a Wood Frog (he kinda of looks like a cross between a frog and a toad, ya think?)
I guess he appeared in honor of Turtle Talk - looked him up on Google and found that "The Wood frog is the state amphibian of New York"
hmmm....
If you love identifying frogs and toads, I'll send ya pics of some indigenous to this area - My yard is overrun with baby bearded dragons, frogs, toads and snakes at this time of year.
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
penelope

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 pm   Re: Making themselves at home.

steve wrote:Very cool. Are they going to fend for themselves when the turtles are released?

It shouldnt take to long for them to turn into frogs. I can put all the turtles in one stock tank for now anyway. First group of frog eggs hatched and already have doubled in size. I put turtle in with they would be all killed. If i couldnt own turtles id own frogs so they get to live :p

Penelope just post pics here im sure others like frogs too ^^
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Return to Photo Gallery