Photo Gallery :: Prettiest Red Ear Slider!

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:54 am   Re: Prettiest Red Ear Slider!

Kawaiii...very cute...but wow too expensive
My Baby Turtles:
Kame : My spoiled one (R.I.P)
Kroten : My beautiful RES
Papoe : My Emydura Schultzei (Pink Belly Short Necked Turtle)
Kurome : My Chinemys Revesii (Chinese Three Keeled Pond Turtle)
Underneath The Shell
Youtube
novroz

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:25 am   Re: Prettiest Red Ear Slider!

imderanged wrote:I know not everyone will agree with me, but if $$$ were no object I'd love to have a two headed turtle. Understand, I wouldn't support the idea of breeding specifically for polycephaly, but this trait can't actually be bred for like color morphs and occurs randomly when monozygotic twins fail to separate, so they occasionally spring up from normal breedings. Many large scale breeders will just take advantage of this "freak of nature" and sell it off to the highest bidder, but they need special care or theywill die. If I had the resources I'd love to care for one of these creatures, plus it would just be really COOL to have a two headed turtle (I would also take a 2 headed bearded dragon!)

I seen on some show about this business that Mass breeds Red Ears and they have these HUGE ponds that they have boats in and they just go around and find 2 headed turtles all the time like...i think they said about 10 a week and sell them for about 500$ each to websites. they also said they sell the normals in bulk at 1$ a piece lol...the turtles breed on there own and they just let the eggs incubate in the sun. there ponds are CRAZY filled with like hundreds of thousands of RES...
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 pm   Re: Prettiest Red Ear Slider!

imderanged wrote:I know not everyone will agree with me, but if $$$ were no object I'd love to have a two headed turtle. Understand, I wouldn't support the idea of breeding specifically for polycephaly, but this trait can't actually be bred for like color morphs and occurs randomly when monozygotic twins fail to separate, so they occasionally spring up from normal breedings. Many large scale breeders will just take advantage of this "freak of nature" and sell it off to the highest bidder, but they need special care or theywill die. If I had the resources I'd love to care for one of these creatures, plus it would just be really COOL to have a two headed turtle (I would also take a 2 headed bearded dragon!)

I honestly think it would freak me out too much. Anyone with me?
3 Beautiful RES- Charlie, Franklin and Sheldon
1 Tabby Mix - Simba
xfallwithmexo

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am   Re: Prettiest Red Ear Slider!

I am lol..I will stick with one head
1 Standard Poodle- Tegan
1 Ferret- Xander
2 RES- Raina and Sylvie
1 Betta- Lizardman
sflemin2

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:03 am   Re: Prettiest Red Ear Slider!

Oh my, 2 heads worth of turtle food.
There are 3 kinds of people: Those who can count and those who can't.
[RiP] Tilly - Female 5yr old RES. [2005-2010]
2 x (Probably female) RES hatchlings - Sunny & Lily [18/09/11 - Present]
Matryoshka

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery