Online Links and Deals :: Good deals on Filstar XP series!

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:17 am   

I think I might have to take my offer back... I ran into a snag, I was going to keep my canopy that I got with the tank but got a crazy hair up my you know where. Now I am going to build a custom canopy for his basking spot on top of the tank. When I was planning on using my current canopy the only obstical I really had in mind was the filter, but this new canopy is going to be hard since I don't have any tools, and also need to buy the wood and plexiglass. <sigh> but don't let that stop you! Can't wait to see the pics of your setup.
My non-human family consists of...

1 RES-- Mary Jane
1 Ball Python-- Rukiya
2 Cockatiels-- Chapis and Stewie
JimmyJam

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:40 am   

Oh, that stinks. I'll try my best and get pics as soon as I'm done, but I'm sure I'll run into some problems... haha I always do :cry:

But yeah good luck with that; hope everything turns out well for your turt! :)
RaytheonLiszt

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm   Kens fish Supplies

RaytheonLiszt wrote:P.S. I still would like someone to chime in on if they've used that kensfishsupplies website yet.

I ordered a rena xp3 from the website a few weeks ago and would highly recommend buying from him. I was going out of town and I needed the product shipped same day so it would reach my house before I left so I emailed him and he gladly packed up the filter and sent it out that same day.
honeeb6

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:05 pm   

Gosh! Cool.
1.0.0 RES-Slash
1.2.0 Cat-Abby/Cali/Nemo
0.1.0 Yorkie-Lucie
1.0.0 Jack Russell Terrier-Cooper
I have lots of ideas! Trouble is, most of them suck!
PcBuilder14

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:03 pm   Petsmart Sucks Now!

Ok, just got back from petsmart and guess what? They won't price-match ANYONE except THEIR OWN WEBSITE...not even petco! The manager told me the policy to stop accepting price-matches was enacted JUST THIS PAST MONDAY....I am SO disappointed!

So now I'm stuck. Is kensfish really trustworthy?
RaytheonLiszt

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 pm   

I don't know so far only one poster confirmed it, I'm hoping more people will also. If not I will contact them via phone aswell as my bank and see if my bank will back me if I am ripped off to go after them. Because I don't feel like spending $160 or more on a filter unless I have to.
My non-human family consists of...

1 RES-- Mary Jane
1 Ball Python-- Rukiya
2 Cockatiels-- Chapis and Stewie
JimmyJam

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:15 pm   

Ehh, I don't know if I trust kensfish enough (no offense honeeb6), so I decided to go with ebay for $5 more. $140 with shipping isn't so bad. Oh well :-/

If anyone else is interested, I got it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rena-Filstar-XP3-Ex ... 286.c0.m14
RaytheonLiszt

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:23 pm   Re: Petsmart Sucks Now!

RaytheonLiszt wrote:Ok, just got back from petsmart and guess what? They won't price-match ANYONE except THEIR OWN WEBSITE...not even petco! The manager told me the policy to stop accepting price-matches was enacted JUST THIS PAST MONDAY....I am SO disappointed!

Recently returned from a trip to Detroit & Buffalo, and just wanted to mention that we got lucky in Detroit!
The 1st Petsmart we stopped at gave us the same line even though I debated with the manager a bit about the fine print on their flyer. The 2nd Petsmart we stopped at just prior to leaving Detroit (around Aug.22nd) had the manager at the cash over-riding the price before someone even told me that they would price-match! I was surprised because I expecting to be leaving empty handed, so I didn't even have my wallet in hand. The final price was $121 (using Ken's web page) + 6% tax - no shipping or handling fees. Compared to the local Petsmart price of $229 + 13% tax, I saved over $100.

Sometimes it pays to just give it a try - you never know!
1 RES, Spike (In new home with 1xPleco, 1xRed Zebra Cichlid, 1xYellow Lab Cichlid)
2 Cats, Blossom & Panda
2 Tropical tanks (plecos, platies, tetras)
2 Handsome Blue Bettas, Blueberry & ?
1 Bright Red Betta, Strawberry
1 Feeder guppy breeding tank
Fuzzy Hamster

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:49 pm   

My Petsmart said they will if it's like not a huge price difference.
1.0.0 RES-Slash
1.2.0 Cat-Abby/Cali/Nemo
0.1.0 Yorkie-Lucie
PcBuilder14

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:10 pm   

Good job Fuzzy! Good thing you got such a deal. It seems to be store dependent on this price-matching policy (like what PC said), and I guess what the manager told me was BS to get me out of the way. I guess the store got a new manager from the one last year that previously matched my xp2. Oh well.

I just couldn't believe that they even refused to price-match from petco! Their biggest competitor!
RaytheonLiszt

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:27 am   

Thanks RaytheonLiszt. We also checked a couple of Petco's, but neither had any RENA's and in fact both only had a couple of smaller Fluvals in stock. We don't have any Petco's here and I was amazed at the disparity between the two. One was old, really run-down and just felt "dirty", while the other was brand new with a "fresh" look & bright atmosphere. The pets at both stores seemed to be well cared for, it was just mostly the look & feel that was drastically different.
1 RES, Spike (In new home with 1xPleco, 1xRed Zebra Cichlid, 1xYellow Lab Cichlid)
2 Cats, Blossom & Panda
2 Tropical tanks (plecos, platies, tetras)
2 Handsome Blue Bettas, Blueberry & ?
1 Bright Red Betta, Strawberry
1 Feeder guppy breeding tank
Fuzzy Hamster

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:27 am   

I know you guys are wary of kensfish but if you pay with paypal I think they will back your payment in case anything happens. Like I said before I had a great experience with him and will buy from him again. He seemed like a nice enough person that if you were to email him your hesitations I'm sure he would respond and work something out with you. I also didn't have to pay sales tax because I didn't live in state (he is in RI I'm in CA) so my grand total was $128.46.
honeeb6

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:03 pm   

The people at my Petsmart that they will price match petco more than any other website, just because they're the biggest competitor.
1.0.0 RES-Slash
1.2.0 Cat-Abby/Cali/Nemo
0.1.0 Yorkie-Lucie
PcBuilder14

Previous

Return to Online Links and Deals